Compactor Repair Technician
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Compactor Repair Technician is responsible for performing preventive maintenance, repairs, reconstruction, installation, modifications to all types of waste and recycling industry compactors and balers equipment.
Key Accountabilities :
- Diagnoses mechanical problems.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on hydraulic and electrical components (110/120 VAC - 480 VAC) on various types of trash compactors.
- Tests compactors to troubleshoot problems and/or tests repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounts for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Clean driver license, Class B or C.
- Experience with waste and recycling compaction equipment.
- Experience with self contained and stand alone compaction equipment.
- Experience with components such as pumps, valves, cylinders, couplers, hydraulic controls, hydraulic schematics .
- Familiar with Rudco, Marathon, Wastequip, Accurate, Galbreath, G/E, Square D, Baldor, Allen Bradley parts and equipment.
- Experience with PLC's, Timers, Relays and Electrical Circuits.
- Strong electrical diagnostic skills pertaining to electric over hydraulic compaction equipment, electrical schematics and drawings PLC and PCB controls are a plus.
- Must have strong welding and fabrication skills pertaining to compaction equipment.
- Safety first approach.
- Proven commitment to safety.
- Positive, team oriented attitude.
- Disciplined and committed to hard work and variable weather environments.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.